After eleven years living, dancing, teaching tango, and writing in Buenos Aires, I came home to L.A. in 2014, where I'm reconstructing my life.

Tuesday, December 08, 2009

El Dia de la Virgen del Valle


















NOTE: It's very difficult for a non-Catholic to keep all the Virgins straight. A reader, Eduardo Ricardo Castiella Duhart very kindly just informed me that it's actually El Dia de la Inmaculada Concepcion, and in fact, my post last year was just that.




December 8, today, is El Dia de la Virgen del Valle, and it's the official day in Argentina to put up your Christmas tree and other decorations. You take them down after Three Kings Day, El Dia de los Reyes, or around January 8.

So according to Hoyle, today Ruben and I put up our beautiful little living tree.

Not easy to find a real tree in Buenos Aires, and unfortunately this is my third one as the others passed away on my terrace--maybe there's too much sun out there.








Look at how they decorate at Las Violetas, one of my favorite historic cafes. This below is their window display of comestible goodies.




But how they mount their artificial tree--decapitated--is a bit bizarre.
























Here's our lovely little pine tree. May it grow and be happy and enjoy a long life and many Christmases!











You can read about my past Christmases in Buenos Aires here.

No comments: