After eleven years living, dancing, teaching tango, and writing in Buenos Aires, I came home to L.A. in 2014, where I'm reconstructing my life.

Friday, August 14, 2009

Tango Festival y Mundial de Baile 2009



Today begins the Buenos Aires Tango Festival, with free classes and shows around the city and in the old Harrod's building downtown on Calle Florida. There will also be lots of vendors so you can do your one-stop tango shopping there as well.



The Festival will end with the World Championship Finals in Luna Park.


Even if you don't dance, it's a great place for people-watching!

(The truth is that the milongueros of Buenos Aires don't pay attention in the slightest to these kinds of events and just continue dancing as usual at their regular favorite milongas. It's a great tourist attraction, though, and that's why the government puts it on every year.)

For more info, click on the pink logo or here.

3 comments:

Panayiotis Pete Karabetis | The Tango Notebook said...

Oh how true it is that natives to the dance do it because it's in their blood. In Greece, my family enjoys the water and food because it's their culture whereas here in the states it's to die for because it's different.

Lola Lopez said...

Cherie!
I only just noticed your invitation to come to your milonga now! I've just got home from one at Torquato Tasso and it was packed!
I'm here until the 26th so if your milonga's on next Saturday I'll definatly come along. I'm staying at 708 Peru in San Telmo.
I'm loving this city!!

tangocherie said...

Saludos, Panayiotis Pete Karabetis! What a beautiful name you have--it's a poem!

Margarita, you are more than welcome to join us on Saturday at Los Cons. We are so happy you're enjoying yourself in Buenos Aires and are looking forward to meeting you!

Besos!