After eleven years living, dancing, teaching tango, and writing in Buenos Aires, I came home to L.A. in 2014, where I'm reconstructing my life.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

What a Difference a Decade Makes!

I left Los Angeles to live in Mexico in 2001 with lots of luggage, a cat, and several boxes shipped UPS at great expense.

Ten years later, it would have been so much easier with much less stuff if I made the international move now. In the big boxes I shipped to Mexico (and 2 1/2 years later to Argentina) were VHS cassettes, music CDs, and photo albums, not to mention lots and lots of real books and a score of piano music. All heavy and bulky.

In just a few short years, technology has changed things so that if I were to do it over again, I would have my iPod, DVDs, and a Kindle (which I don't have yet), and listo! I'd be ready to go. There's still a bulky cat and now a bird, and now also a milonguero viejo, but anyway I think beings are better than boxes, don't you?


No comments: