After eleven years living, dancing, teaching tango, and writing in Buenos Aires, I came home to L.A. in 2014, where I'm reconstructing my life.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

My Birthday Wishes

Here in Argentina you get three wishes when you blow out your birthday candle, not just one like in the States. So a heck of a lot more rides on your once-a-year puff 'n huff over your birthday cake when you can get three!

My birthday was last week, and even though this year I felt, as we are so busy working and teaching, that I wanted to stay low profile on "my" day, the milonga organizers wouldn't go for that and so I had celebrations in Nuevo Chique and in Los Consagrados, complete with delicious cakes and, yes, birthday candles.

My three wishes were simple;

Hollywood in December, looking east


Rainbows in my hometown for my friends and family to have joy and health;


Double rainbow seen from my terrace in Boedo

Where lies the "Pot O'Gold"


Rainbows in my adopted city of Buenos Aires, and in fact double rainbows sometimes are necessary, to live under and to remind me that God's promises are everywhere;





And someday soon, before we are both too old and broke, Ruben can get a visa to visit my country for a couple of weeks to see where I grew up, what I talk about so often, so he can know my loved ones.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Brinton said...

Cherie, Such beautiful rainbow pictures. Can't wait for you to bring Ruben and if you do, and you are in California, we will try to welcome him to our beautiful country with the same warmth and generosity that he welcomed us to his.
XOXO
and Happy Birthday,
E