After eleven years living, dancing, teaching tango, and writing in Buenos Aires, I came home to L.A. in 2014, where I'm reconstructing my life.

Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Gaucho Gourmet









Francis Mallmann is Argentina's star chef. I accidentally caught his TV show as he was cooking amazing hot salads in the middle of a field of snow. Alone. With his famous accoutrements of an upholstered love seat, DVD player, artistic fire rings, and his sports vehicle which hauls everything around (along with his cameraman, I assume.)

First of all, he has great charisma, a part of being a "star" anything. But it was so dramatic, romantic, and sexy to see him prepare the gourmet food--that wasn't a side of beef-- in the middle of nowhere. He kept me glued to the screen. You can read more about his gaucho grilling here.

But what you really want to do is catch his show on the Gourmet channel (elgourmet.com), and be inspired. It was a bit of a shock to me, but there is more than meat to eat in Argentina!


1 comment:

Katie said...

I watch his show on Gourmet just to see what crazy location he'll cook in next! ;) The landscapes are always amazing.

I have tried two of his recipes, and I thought they were quite delicious. The Food and Wine article you linked to was really interesting, too.

Thanks for sharing, Cherie!