After eleven years living, dancing, teaching tango, and writing in Buenos Aires, I came home to L.A. in 2014, where I'm reconstructing my life.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Reminder: Homenaje a Miguel Calo This Friday!

Please come
Friday, June 26th, at Nuevo Salon Argentina, (Bartolomé Mitre 1769) to honor the music of Miguel Calo (my personal favorite orchestra.)

Alberto Podesta will be there as well as Adolfo Gomez y su Cuerteto Tipico for your dancing and listening pleasure.

And Ruben y Cherie will dance, as well as three other couples.

The event starts at 10:00 p.m., with the show probably starting at 11:00.

Ruben wants me to remind readers that while this event is in the same location as the famous milonga El Arranque, it's not exactly a milonga but a baile; that is to say, tango music will be played along with cumbia, salsa, and other rhythms.

For more information: 4371-6767

3 comments:

n a n c y said...

Break a leg!

XO

NYC Tango Pilgrim said...

Video!!!!! Please. :-)

Love Calo, play him every time I dj. Good luck!

n a n c y said...

Waiting for the video........