After eleven years living, dancing, teaching tango, and writing in Buenos Aires, I came home to L.A. in 2014, where I'm reconstructing my life.

Saturday, June 06, 2009

Homenaje a Miguel Calo--Mi Orquesta Favorita

For those readers who will be in Buenos Aires June 26, please come to Salon La Argentina to watch us do an exhibition. Miguel Calo is totally my favorite orchestra, and Ruben and I are committed to dance together when a Calo tanda begins. His music is so romantic, so emotional, so tender. Some folks think Pugliese is the most sensuous, but they should give Calo a chance.



Please come out this night and support your tangocherie!


Here's a photo from our exhibition at La Ideal last month in homage a Tanturi (courtesy of Diostango.)


5 comments:

Henry (@knowtango.com) said...

Hey Cherie,

Calo is also one of my favorite orchestras!

Unfortunately, I'm following your blog from the US so I won't be able to join you, but I wish you the best of luck. I just saw a milonga performance you danced with Ruben (not sure where ...) and it was was fun and engaging. You guys radiate the pleasure of your dance, and that's a truly remarkable quality.

Thanks for contributing so actively to the tango blogosphere.

Can't wait to meet you in person some time,
-h

Anonymous said...

Absolutely agree.Calo,captured the essence of the most beautifull part of tango,the emotions.

Anonymous said...

That's terrific, Cherie! And I just recognized one of the other dancers in the photo with you, Guillermo. He was just a beginner when I met him on my first trip to BA.

tangocherie said...

Hi Johanna,
No, Guillermo didn't dance--he's the owner/publisher of DiosTango magazine, who had the photo taken the night of the Tanturi exhibition in La Ideal. The other couple in the photo with us, Oscar Kotic and Adela Galeazzi, also performed.

Henry, muchas gracias! I appreciate your reading and your comments!

Saludos!

Rick Powell said...

Thanks for the heads up. I don't know much about tango here but guests are always asking me. I've told a bunch of them that this event comes highly recommended.