After eleven years living, dancing, teaching tango, and writing in Buenos Aires, I came home to L.A. in 2014, where I'm reconstructing my life.

Friday, April 17, 2009

Will You Know My Name...?


Yesterday I went in to get the results of my regular cancer checkups.

I really never think of my two-time win with breast cancer until I have to go for routine tests. And then I'm nervous until I know they came out clear.

And yesterday they did, as they have for six years.

No big deal, I am used to "living with cancer" as they like to call it. They never use the word "cure" for cancer patients, although when the time comes, you have to go with something, right? And more often than not, it's the Big C or heart.


I just hope to go suddenly on the dance floor, dancing to Miguel Calo, which is heaven on earth.

7 comments:

Reed said...

Congrats, Cherie! We need you to keep on dancing!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous, chica!!!! I'm due for mine next week. And I feel exactly the same about it as you - never even think about it until I have the test and wait for the results.

Beatrice M said...

So glad to hear that the check up went well. Here's for many more.

tangocherie said...

Thanks, friends.
And good luck on yours, Johanna.

Anonymous said...

Gracias!

Elizabeth Brinton said...

Happy.

Anonymous said...

Relieved to learn the test results were negative.