After eleven years living, dancing, teaching tango, and writing in Buenos Aires, I came home to L.A. in 2014, where I'm reconstructing my life.

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Looking at the Bright Side: an Easter Gift




Followers of tangocherie know that Ruben's car was stolen from in front of the house in February.

So last week when we returned from the cruise, he took the train to spend Easter with his grandchildren. A guy reached through the window and yanked Ruben's gold chain from around his neck and the train pulled away from the station.

He was heartbroken but at least the Armenian gold cross, a gift from my son Jason, fell off and the thief didn't get that too. Probably because it was Easter.

4 comments:

Katie said...

So sorry to hear that Ruben is having this spate of bad luck! I hope better luck is coming his way.

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous shot of you too. Focus on that, and forget about the unpleasant incident.

Rosa Musica said...

What a run of bad luck, yet to see him last night at Los Consagrados i'm impressed by Ruben's ability to do his best to put bad things behind him & just enjoy the good things in life. Interestingly enough just recently i had taken to not wearing any jewellry on the subtes or collectivos, that is taking it off & popping into my bag before i leave the house & popping it all back on agree once i reach the milonga (or whatever destination) & i thought that maybe i was being a little too paranoid ...

Beatrice M said...

Ghah! I'm glad he didn't lose his cross and I hope that he had a good time with his grandchildren.