After eleven years living, dancing, teaching tango, and writing in Buenos Aires, I came home to L.A. in 2014, where I'm reconstructing my life.

Friday, January 09, 2009

Club Danés



It is summertime in Buenos Aires, and what better luncheon escape than to pretend we are in cool Copenhagen?

Accordingly my friend and I yesterday lunched at the Club Danés in Retiro.

I just couldn't face a heavy meaty Argentine meal in the heat, so up we went to the 12th floor of the Danish Building, gazed at the Buquebus coming into port, and ate smoked salmon openfaced sandwiches under the portraits of the Danish King and Queen.

It was a refreshing change, but while the smoked salmon was good, everything else was mediocre--nothing like the food I had in Copenhagen in a January long ago during a weekend of tango.

Av. Leandro N. Alem 1074 piso 12
Open only for lunch, M-F

1 comment:

Katie said...

Hi Cherie-

Surely when you are making a comparison to Copenhagen, there is no comparison. :) With that said, there is a large Danish community in Necochea (where I'll be living), and I had a chance to sample several dishes at Necochea's Festival de Colectividades. Everything was good, especially the mocha cake! *drool*

Besos!