After eleven years living, dancing, teaching tango, and writing in Buenos Aires, I came home to L.A. in 2014, where I'm reconstructing my life.

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Leave the Gun, Take the Love



Just started reading Brian Winter's new book, Long After Midnight at the Nino Bien. Here's the quote that begins his memoir of dancing tango in Buenos Aires:


Fall in love, fall in love. That's my only advice.
It can be with a girl, or with the music, or with the dance.
It doesn't matter. But, whatever you do, fall in love.
And, if you do this, then the tango, with all the bullshit
that you'll go through along the way, will have been worth it for you.

-- The Godfather (a tanguero Brian meets at Nino Bien)

And this in turn reminded me of Tina's recent post on loving your partner for the three minutes you are embracing.

It's true isn't it? Love is the key -- to everything good.

About Winter's book, a review will soon be forthcoming. It's refreshing to read a tango in Buenos Aires story by a guy. There are many little errors that are bothersome, but so far I'm loving it.

No comments: