After eleven years living, dancing, teaching tango, and writing in Buenos Aires, I came home to L.A. in 2014, where I'm reconstructing my life.

Monday, January 28, 2008

Ropa Vieja in the Elegant Club Espanol












Our tanguero friend Raimundo (the one who has the short-term rental apartment on Corrientes) invited Ruben and me and a student of ours to attend his tango show on Saturday night. We went to the elegant Club Espanol after the milonga in Region Leonesa to see Ropa Vieja; (un poco de cada cosa). Se dice, se baila, se canta...


The show, held in the first floor ballroom (not the second floor salon where the fabulous milonga used to be on Thursdays) had two guitarists, two young dancers, and three singers. It was all about the many forms of tango: spoken, sung, danced, lived. We enjoyed the show, but the best part honestly was being back in that gorgeous building where Ruben and I have so many wonderful memories!

No comments: