After eleven years living, dancing, teaching tango, and writing in Buenos Aires, I came home to L.A. in 2014, where I'm reconstructing my life.

Saturday, September 22, 2007

More Tango Gringo...

...This Time in Auburn, California

Michele and Chris are Argentine tango teachers in the town of Auburn, California. I don't know them, have never seen them dance, but these photos say enough. I hope they come down to Buenos Aires real soon; their students will thank them.

Bill Kern, 61, of Sacramento, a student in the class says,
"It's addicting. I think they should start a support group for people who've spent all their money on tango lessons," he said. "I do it for the enjoyment of being with people, having a dance with someone new - and the music is very attractive."

No matter the style or technique, the Tango Addiction goes on. Obviously Bill is on his way!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

GAH! Looking at those pictures was kind of like trying to get through one more page of the book that must not be named (by the way, I tried to continue past page 57 but I couldn't. It was physically painful. Your review is spot on!!! I ended up skipping most of it and reading the end, which was still physically painful. I left the book stranded in a cafe.)

But back to tango... ;-)

tangocherie said...

Yeah, and now it's going to be a movie! I ask you, how can they make a good movie out of such a bad book?

tangobaby said...

What is the book with no name? These pictures are frightening. They look like they're doing some sort of martial arts/thai massage/gymnastics routine.

BTW, something on your blog is making both of my computers crash (both at work and at home!) so it's hard to check in with you lately. Is there some sort of script or flash movie running? Somehow I got lucky today!

tangocherie said...

Hi Tangobaby,

I can't imagine what the problem is with my blog; I've checked it on several browsers on several computers and it's ok. There's nothing special on the site to make it crash. Maybe Blogger was having a bad day?

I'll make the page smaller and see if that helps. Let me know.

And I really don't want to name the no-name book to give it more PR, but it's the Kiss & Tango disaster.