After eleven years living, dancing, teaching tango, and writing in Buenos Aires, I came home to L.A. in 2014, where I'm reconstructing my life.

Friday, March 02, 2007

Deer in the Headlights?

Tango in Buenos Aires


DEER IN THE HEADLIGHTS?
FISH OUT OF WATER?
LOST IN TRANSLATION in the Milongas of Buenos Aires?


Spent a fortune for your plane ticket and now are not sure if you’ll dance?

Don’t want a young taxi dancer in tennis shoes looking bored at your table?

Where and when to dance, and with whom got you confused? There are more than 80 milongas every week. And several are right for YOU, but you need to know, along with the mystery of how to get asked to dance: the cabaceo.

Personal guided introduction to Tango in Buenos Aires--
Advice, explanation, translation, information on the infamous Codigo of the milongas--
in other words, I can guarantee that you will dance with local portenos/as.

I live here, I know people, I can make it happen for you.
Men: we can sit together and dance 3 or 4 tandas, and then you will dance with local women, guaranteed.
Women: we can sit together in the best spot and I guarantee that you will dance tandas with at least 3 milongueros.

No inappropriate young flash dancers in jeans, but real mature dancers of the milonguero style. I also can arrange classes for you, as well as shoe and CD shopping at all the famous stores.

Services include pre-trip advice on what to bring, what to wear, where to stay.

I will be your friend, advisor and resource during your stay in Buenos Aires.

With Sandra, la moza, and friends and students at La Milonga de los Consegrados

Rates upon request.

BsAsMilonga at aol dot com

No comments: