After eleven years living, dancing, teaching tango, and writing in Buenos Aires, I came home to L.A. in 2014, where I'm reconstructing my life.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Feliz Primavera!

Here in the Southern Hemisphere, today is the first day of Spring! Called the Spring Equinox, the September Equinox, or the Vernal Point (you can read more about the celestial explanations here and here.)
 
Spring Tulips by Elizabeth Brinton


Spring is celebrated big time in Argentina, especially Buenos Aires, where there are special Primavera parties and milongas, and everyone salutes their friends with Feliz Primavera! Maybe because Porteños tend to love hot weather and the vacation and leisure that summer promises. It's a bit weird for me because my March birthday was always celebrated in springtime, along with Easter, and now suddenly it falls in autumn. But any occasion to celebrate is a good one, I say.


A tango print by Elizabeth Brinton illustrated my last post on the Embrace, and I'm using another one of her stunning prints from her beautiful new website now for spring.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cherie...I really enjoy reading your blog...your personality comesthrough

Elizabeth Brinton said...

Thanks for giving my silkscreen prints some exposure!
From Seattle on the first day of Fall.
xo
E