|Hotel Jules Cesar|
- I read Wuthering Heights.
- I heard tango--the pianist played tangos for grand battements in ballet class.
- I went to Havana.
|In Club Español the night of our first date, March 2005|
- I saw Ruben dance--Lo de Celia in 2004.
- I saw my first live professional ballet: Sadler's Wells Sleeping Beauty with Margot Fonteyn at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles. I was 10.
- I saw Argentine tango danced: Tango Argentino at the Pantages in Hollywood.
- I ate watercress (Los Feliz Inn, Los Angeles).
- I danced tango in Buenos Aires--Glorias Argentinas in 1997.
- I heard live jazz--at a bowling alley in Santa Monica: Bud Shank.
- I tasted Tomme de Chevre cheese in Evian-les-Bains, France.
- I saw Notre Dame in Paris--from a 6th floor balcony at the Hotel Claude Bernard when I was 29.
- I visited the UCLA campus knowing I would soon be a dance student there.
- I auditioned for Gene Kelly when I was 16 at a studio on Melrose.
- I danced for Jerome Robbins at Paramount when I was 14.
- I went to Tango Heaven.
- I saw each of my sons for the first time.
- I performed on stage with the American Ballet Theater as a supernumerary in Romeo and Juliet, and cried my eyes out every performance at the death of Tybalt.
- I saw Hair on stage -- at the Aquarius Theater on Sunset Blvd. near Vine in the 60s. We had to decide whether to see Hair or You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown. (We made the right choice.)
- I saw the full glory of the falls of Iguazu.
- I saw Jesus Christ Superstar in the open air of the Universal Amphitheater. It seems like yesterday that Ted Neeley was raised on the cross made of human hands while pot smoke wafted around us and the music of the orchestra carried across the Cahuenga Pass to the Hollywood Bowl.
Thank God I've had these and many, many others in my life. And with luck and paying attention, perhaps there will be more!