After eleven years living, dancing, teaching tango, and writing in Buenos Aires, I came home to L.A. in 2014, where I'm reconstructing my life.

Saturday, April 03, 2010

Expatriate Holidays




Today is Easter Sunday. It seems like a quiet Sunday like all the rest. But it's on days like these that I miss my hometown and old life the most.

Easter morning in the olden days, there were egg hunts, church, and then a traditional lunch of baked ham or leg of lamb.









Easter Tree somewhere in Germany


All of that is literally and figuratively a world away. As an expatriate for ten years, I've spent many holidays alone and in other countries. But it doesn't get any easier.

Even when it falls in autumn and the days are growing shorter and the earth is getting ready to sleep, Easter is still the season of hope. I'm looking forward to the visit of my son Jason next week; now if only he could bring a honey-baked ham!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE this tree!!!! Happy Easter.