After eleven years living, dancing, teaching tango, and writing in Buenos Aires, I came home to L.A. in 2014, where I'm reconstructing my life.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

April 3rd, Another Place to Dance?

Just to advise everyone that the Milonga de los Consagrados will be closed for one night next Saturday; the salon has been rented out for another event the Easter weekend. So the 300-400 habitues have to find another place to dance this week. Panic, panic!

Meanwhile, last night, unbeknownst to me yet again, there was a surprise birthday cake planned for me, and instead of the traditional "gang vals," I danced a whole vals criollo with Ruben. (Video taken by Guillermo Thorp of Diostango.)










This was the culmination of several days of celebrating my birthday, beginning with a small home gathering on the day itself (last Tuesday) of lovers of Ruben's empanadas Tucumanas.


























Cake and Tango just seem to go together--with wine and empanadas too, of course.







So I segued from the main point of this post, which is once again, that Los Cons is closed this Saturday for one night only. Where will you go to dance? Or better yet, where will we?

No comments: