After eleven years living, dancing, teaching tango, and writing in Buenos Aires, I came home to L.A. in 2014, where I'm reconstructing my life.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

More Murga in Boedo

















Recuerdos of last weekend's murga: a little video and some pics I snapped on Avenida Boedo and Carlos Calvo, a block from my house and a block from the famous intersection of San Juan y Boedo. Generally
there are 3 murga groups per night, we stayed for only this one, Los Mucosos de Liniers (The Snots of Liniers).

As you can see, it's nothing like Carnaval, but with its own very special charm. Carnaval is about fun fun fun, while the murga has its roots in social protest.
















There are many murgas in various barrios throughout the city of Buenos Aires. Try to catch one on Saturday and Sunday during February. But watch out for kids wielding spray cans of foam!!

1 comment:

Lola Lopez said...

I'm miss Buenos Aires so much that I ache.
I feel like I've left my lover behind and I'm heartbroken.

Te quiero Buenos Aires!