An expat Californian building a new life via the tango in Buenos Aires since 2003, including information on learning the tango and where to dance it in Buenos Aires.

Friday, July 24, 2009

"Romantic Argentina"

Here is a delightful MGM travel short on Buenos Aires in 1932.
Shown are some wonderful details that have disappeared forever, as well as some things so much the same.

I tried to embed the video, but it won't let me; please click on the link:


Christy said...

What a amazing footage from 1932! I loved Benito and his pigeons and I loved the gauchos dancing.

Thanks so much,


Kaka said...

I share the same views. Liked your blog very much.

Henry ( said...

Amazing Cherie, thanks for sharing with us. It's telling that they don't really bring up tango since this was likely a film for the educated elite and the culture then was a bit lower class.

Katie said...

What a great video, Cherie. I reposted this on my blog (with a link to you, of course!).