After eleven years living, dancing, teaching tango, and writing in Buenos Aires, I came home to L.A. in 2014, where I'm reconstructing my life.

Monday, April 13, 2009

Tango in El Culo del Mundo!



Ahoy, mates!

Here it is, folks, the ends of the earth, or, as I thought of it at the time, el culo del mundo! No, I didn't fall off, but maybe you thought I did. I missed you, even though I was having an incredible experience.

We returned yesterday from a two-week cruise on the Radiance of the Seas, which left from Valpariso, Chile, and returned us to Buenos Aires yesterday, a beautiful Easter Sunday. It was the maiden cruise for both Ruben and myself, and here is a brief photo preview.



















Me with the handsome and charming Norwegian captain at his reception.


Kate Winslet--Leonardo DiCaprio, eat your hearts out!














Our tango classes.













I've always wanted to see penguins in their natural habitat.





















I'll be writing more later, but for now, I just want to post some photos about our experience of teaching tango on the ship, and of visiting fascinating ports of call way down south at the end of the world.









Enjoying a beautiful day in Punta del Este, Uruguay.

4 comments:

NYC Tango Pilgrim said...

Isn't it great that you gotta to do what you love on a cruise trip to the end of the earth?

tangocherie said...

Oh yes, oh yes!!

Sallycat said...

Cool or what guys?
Brill-i-ant!
If you need someone to carry your bags next time, partner a few excess students, take publicity shots for you... just give me the nod.

Loving that Titanic photo, gorgeous. Can't wait to hear more - see you Saturday!

SC

gentina said...

Nice post! Visited Argentina two months ago! Amazing trip! Blogger about my argentina trip too!
Have a nice day!
gentiana