After eleven years living, dancing, teaching tango, and writing in Buenos Aires, I came home to L.A. in 2014, where I'm reconstructing my life.

Monday, April 27, 2009

Around the Radiance of the Seas

Please indulge me as I post photos about this beautiful cruise ship. We had no idea it would be so luxurious, lavish, a 5 star floating hotel that carries you to amazing place to astonishing port.






Muster drill














The lobby






After a motown concert






















The ship's appointments were spectacular. Here is a porthole featuring Jenny Lind.


































Dancing rumba to the Mambo Trio.



















Enjoying a hurricane from a place of comfort.






4 comments:

Katie said...

What a gorgeous ship! It looks like the two of you had a fantastic time. The photo of Ruben in the life vest made me chuckle. :)

Joanna Lee said...

Muy maravillosa! You look so beautiful and your hubby so dashing! Sounds like fun!

Did either of you get sea sick? I want to go cruising, but my sister is so sensitive.

If you happen to be around a restaurant with a parillada outside...would you take a picture for me? I have enormous patience, so no need to hurry. 1 or 5 years later...no matter.

Oh...did I already thank you for visiting my site? My memory is bad...so in case I didn't...THANK YOU!!

Buen dia!

tangocherie said...

Thanks, Katie. It was really fun.
If you wait until the last minute, you can go quite cheaply. Check out vacationstogo.com

Beatriz, I am SUPER sensitive to motion, but I took one Bonine tablet every 24 hours and I was perfectly fine, even during a hurricane. I ran out after 5 days and tried to buy some more in all of the ports in Chile and Argentina, but had to make do with Dramamine, which the ship gives out but which makes me sleepy.

But by chance I saw Bonine in the Duty Free shop on board, so thank God, then I was once again in good shape.

Where should I send the parrilla photos?

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous ship! And I don't know why bonine is better known. It's MUCH better than either dramamine or that darn patch.