An expat Californian building a new life via the tango in Buenos Aires since 2003, including information on learning the tango and where to dance it in Buenos Aires.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

English Book Swap

Expat Annie Ory organized a very successful English Language Book Swap last weekend. Apart from the obvious benefit of exchanging read books for new ones, I got to meet personally several friends who I only "knew" via the computer. It felt like a Facebook Friends party, which indeed it was. And I came home with three new books and several new friends! Thanks, Annie!

And I saw my friend Camille Cusumano who presented me with a copy of her memoir, Tango An Argentine Love Story.


99 said...

It was a pleasure to meet you in person!
It´s refreshing to have face to face contact too, no?
I adore books and good company. Yeah, the book swap was a great idea. I´m reading as fast as I can to swap them back at the next meeting.

Rosa Musica said...

what a great idea! i'd love to know about the next book swamp, and is Camille still in BA? i have been keen to read her book for a while :)

Taos Turner said...

Oh man, this sounds fantastic!! I so much wish I had been there. Will there be another one? I want to come! I LOVE books - reading them, buying them, talking about them with other people who loves books.

What a marvelous idea. Thanks for sharing this.


Alex said...

Hi Cherie!

Tell me about your friend's book - "Tango, an Argentine Love Story" - how is it?

Take care,