After eleven years living, dancing, teaching tango, and writing in Buenos Aires, I came home to L.A. in 2014, where I'm reconstructing my life.

Monday, July 21, 2008

Friendship Day in Boedo



Yesterday was El Dia del Amigo here in Argentina. We don't have an equivalent in the U.S., but it's a very nice thing to celebrate. And so everyone calls or emails their friends, all of the TV shows send friendly greetings, there are banners and balloons in honor of friends.

Also it was the opening of a street fair in my barrio of Boedo, which will continue all week (except today it's cold and rainy so there won't be much going on.) It was fun to walk the one block over to Avenida Boedo and listen to a big (3 bandoneones!) tango orchestra of young people.



Then we had lunch at our favorite barrio restaurant, Cafe Margot.








2 comments:

Elizabeth Brinton said...

Cool. I would call you up on Friendship Day!
E

tangocherie said...

Thanks, Elizabeth. Your comment is the next best thing!