After eleven years living, dancing, teaching tango, and writing in Buenos Aires, I came home to L.A. in 2014, where I'm reconstructing my life.

Monday, January 14, 2008

Letter From Bombay

LE
















Dear Cherie y Ruben,
I hope I can come back very soon. I had a lovely time and precious memories of you all . also I am grateful for the help you gave when I needed to move out from where I was. You and Ruben were kind to me and I will remember it. also my classes, where not only did I learn tango but also to become tranquil!!! I shall forever remember escuchar, sentir y bailar. and your translations.
Also in retrospect I think it was so daring of me to go to a milonga as soon as I landed!!
I hope the new year brings you and Ruben many new wonderful students and experiences.
Please keep in touch and let me know when you write any more blogs.
love,
Divya
Bombay

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hi there,
i chanced upon this link while surfing the net.
tango in bombay? that's fantastic! great work! i've been looking for that since a few years. i'm from bombay, but have been living in various other places (currently paris) for 8 years, and have been dancing tango for a good part of that. i visit every year for a few weeks, and each time i think of gathering interested people and doing something together..
i would really like to meet the group in bombay, and i would be happy if you get me in touch.
cheers,
-sameer.

Unknown said...

oops, perhaps i misunderstood, and the tango didn't happen in bombay..
??
-sameer.

tangocherie said...

Dear Sameer,
Sorry to tell you that Divya came to Buenos Aires from Bombay to study tango!
But if you send me your contact info, I'll see that she gets it.
She spoke about bringing Ruben and me to India to teach. Who knows? Maybe there's a future for tango in Bombay!
Saludos!