After eleven years living, dancing, teaching tango, and writing in Buenos Aires, I came home to L.A. in 2014, where I'm reconstructing my life.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Elizabeth Brinton Goes Out Tango Dancing




















What a miracle is the internet, and what a blessing to those of us far from "home."
I absolutely adore getting to meet people for real after I've known them cyberly. Elizabeth is a fellow-blogger from Seattle, and we met in person a few days ago soon after she and her husband Alan arrived in Buenos Aires.



She is an artist, and she offered me a gift of one of her gorgeous silk-screened prints. And this is the one I picked! It's even more beautiful in person, as the layered colors and textures give it such life. (The photo doesn't show the bright copper color of the flowers and leaves, or otherwise do it enough justice.) I just fell in love with the man's glance! She also gave me a packet of stunning black and white tango notecards. Check out her website...Elizabeth is one talented artist (who also dances tango!)

Ruben and I had the fun of sharing our table with Alan and Elizabeth at Los Consagrados twice, and at Gricel. As we say here in Argentina, muy buena gente!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like she's having a fabulous time, though I look forward to seeing her in Seattle again ;-)
That's a great painting you picked.

tangocherie said...

Hi Tina,
Yes, I think they both had a fabulous time here!
BTW, I like the new look of your blog.
Besos!

Elizabeth Brinton said...

Cherie, Cherie Baby,
You and Ruben are full of life and light. I feel so lucky to have found you. We will be awhile absorbing all of these things. Ruben your lesson was very good, you open your heart and mind into it. Alan says we look forward to having more lessons from you in the future. And also that Barbeque.
Besos. E and A
P.S. Thanks for everything. Wow, We are on your blog...we are famous!

tangocherie said...

Ain't the internet grand??
xxx