An expat Californian building a new life via the tango in Buenos Aires since 2003, including information on learning the tango and where to dance it in Buenos Aires.

Friday, August 03, 2007

Practical Fashion

One of my favorite blogs, Random Good Stuff, highlighted a fashion show at the Reproductive Health and Technologies expo in China this year which showed the latest dresses made entirely out of condoms.

Now I delight in over-the-top fancies of this sort, because I so firmly believe in the importance of women taking charge of their own sexual health. (In fact to that end, some years ago I started a women's sexual health company in Los Angeles called, vive la difference! But that's a whole other blog!)

The thing is down here in Buenos Aires, I see a lot. I've been going to the milongas for more than ten years, and when I don't dance, I watch. I also listen to my women friends. And I see various problems making their rounds in the milongas.

For foreign women coming here to dance (and often leaving all reason at home), wearing one of these dresses might be a good reminder to all of us to take care with our bodies.


sarah said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave

my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice

blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


tangocherie said...

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for visiting!
Come back soon; it's not ALL about tango here!