After eleven years living, dancing, teaching tango, and writing in Buenos Aires, I came home to L.A. in 2014, where I'm reconstructing my life.

Thursday, March 29, 2007

New Pink Ribbon Tanguera



NEW PINK RIBBON TANGUERA

Unfortunately there's a new tanguera in the Pink Ribbon Club, my friend Johanna from Los Angeles. She has a tango blog, but also a blog (Health Matters) reflecting her day-to-day trials as a breast cancer patient. It's good therapy for her to share her concerns and problems, and it's good therapy for others to read them. (Click on Link below.)

So she has a lot going for her, previous excellent health, no risk factors, caught early, shares and receives by the written word, and dances tango!

She's a writer by nature, and has written a popular book, The Tao of Tango.

Those of you who read my post, Cancer Dancer, http://tangocherie.blogspot.com/2007_02_01_archive.html
know that I'm a two-time survivor myself. I danced tango during the whole treatment the second time around four years ago.

It wasn't the first time that tango saved my life, and probably won't be the last!

Since my first diagnosis in 1993, many friends have joined the Pink Ribbon Club, among them lots of tango dancers. We deal with it, and then we just keep dancing as beautifully as we can.

No comments: