After eleven years living, dancing, teaching tango, and writing in Buenos Aires, I came home to L.A. in 2014, where I'm reconstructing my life.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

My Perfect Day in Buenos Aires






The Buenos Aires Travel Guide blog has called out for fellow-bloggers to write about their ideal day here. Yes, I would do, and have done with gusto, all that Alan describes in my own "perfect day"—as a tourist. But let's face it, I live here,and I have other priorities than seeing tourist sites like Cafe Tortoni and Puerto Madero. I don’t mind at all, unlike BATG's Alan, being labeled “expat,” although I can see it can be taken negatively. But calling a chorizo a chorizo, an expatriate is what I am after not living in my native country of the U.S. of A for 5 years.

And so my “perfect day” is more of a normal one: wake up without the alarm, stuff myself on fresh fruit and coffee, enjoy the gorgeous view from my terrace in Boedo while doing some herb gardening, teach a tango class or two, rest, pet my cat, clean up, go to a milonga with my partner and dance and greet my friends, come home and enjoy a good steak with a bottle of vino tinto. For variety, after the milonga I sometimes relish a seafood dinner in a Spanish restaurant.

Not bad! And I've experienced my Perfect Day many times. Lucky me! Each to his own poison.
So I encourage other bloggers and interested would-be portenos to post a comment here or on The Buenos Aires Travel Guide: http://www.buenostours.com/my-perfect-day-in-buenos-aires

And may all your days in Buenos Aires be perfect!

No comments: